The purpose of the CDC is to provide quality early care and education services in partnership with families Citrus College and the community to childrentwo and one-half (2.5)yearsto five (5)years and to complement the services and education objectives of the college by; providing education care and nurturing for the children of students staff faculty and community members; utilizing culturally and developmentally appropriate practices; and serving as a role model of child development excellence for the community at large.
- Child Ages:
- 2.5 years - 5 years
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- California Department of Social Services: Community Care Licensing Division
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...
- We believe that each child is a unique individual and that they will grow emotionally socially physically intellectually and creatively at their own rate.
- We believe children are natural learners and when placed in a stimulating interactive environment each childs potential can be fully realized.
- We believe children are curious open-minded honest and accepting.
- We believe that play is the most positive way that children learn. Play is exploring experimenting and joyful; play is the process through which each child discovers and develops an understanding of the world.
- We believe that trust is the foundation needed in all relationships and that trust is developed through interactions with others that are fair consistent reliable and caring.
- We believe that parents are the most important adult in a childs life and we want to develop and nurture respectful partnerships between teachers and parents. We assist the parent and ultimately the child when we provide support encouragement and education for the parent.
- We believe in the importance of teachers encouraging curiosity and enthusiasm for learning promoting cooperative social interactions supporting individual creativity and diversity and providing opportunities for children to use their growing bodies to develop a sense of autonomy and self worth.
- We believe in providing a secure environment that is safe clean healthy and oriented to children and our environment is arranged to offer children enjoyable and stimulating experiences.
- We believe in positive methods of discipline and we implement developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive guidelines to help children learn socially acceptable and personally responsible behaviors.
- We believe in the dedication of the adults in our program; adults in all components of our program including teaching administration office kitchen janitorial and auxiliary staff work together for the benefit of the children.