Alexandria Head Start provides direct services to enrolled children and families and serves as a referral source to agencies throughout the community. Alexandria Head Start services include:
- Education: Alexandria Head Start offers an early childhood education program that follows developmentally appropriate guidelines as required by the National Association of The Education of Young Children. Our curriculum is planned according to the needs of the individual child through observation and family input. We work in partnership with Alexandria City Public Schools and Child Find to include Children with special needs.
- Health/Nutrition: Children and families receive ongoing health and nutrition services and referrals, including hearing, vision and developmental screenings as well as nutritional assessments.
- Family Services: Each family will partner with a Family Service Specialist who will work with them to establish family partnership goals designed to improve and empower the quality of their lives.
- Parent Involvement- Recognizing parents as the most important teacher in their childrens lives, we encourage involvement in all aspects of the Head Start experience. Parents are encouraged to serve on Policy Council, work as program volunteers and if qualified, as paid staff, substitute teachers, and participate in the Men About Head Start program. `
- Child Ages:
- 3 years - 5 years
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- Virginia Department of Social Services - NAEYC Accredited
- Special Needs:
- Head Start enrolls children with special needs. A special needs child is one who has an intellectual,
emotional, or physical problem and who requires special education and related services. The range
of special needs as specified in the state and federal regulations can include:
*hearing impaired *speech or language impaired
*visually impaired *orthopedically handicapped
*developmentally delayed *autistic
*learning disabled *emotionally disturbed
(asthma, hydrocephaly, sickle cell anemia)
- Hours of Operation:
- 8:00am - 3:30pm
Monday - Friday
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...
There is currently no information provided
Click the button below and we will send an automated message to the provider to let them know that someone is interested & would like to see more information.Request Information