Public Transportation : Subway/El Train
Language(s) Spoken : English
Part Time / Full Time : Full Time Part Time
FCCC provides an enriching environment of love security and community to children between the ages of 3 months and Kindergarten. Through age appropriate experiences its children learn respect for others self-confidence and social skills. They develop curiosity about the world and learn to appreciate people who are different from them. The children grow emotionally physically socially and cognitively. They build a foundation of competence and confidence that prepares them for everyday situations and ultimately for school.
Our Mission states:
- Friends Child Care Center is guided by the Quaker belief that there is that of God in every person. This belief inspires and informs everyday life at the Center while it affirms the individual value of each child teacher and parent. The approach to learning is broad but simple: children learn to get along with other people as they experience the rewards of learning what they want to know.
- Friends Child Care Center provides quality child care for young children whose parents are Friends Center employees or live/work in the Philadelphia area. We strive to reflect the cultural and economic diversity of our urban community. We encourage young children in their ability to be caring curious responsible beings.
Friends Child Care Center provides services and employment in a nondiscriminatory manner without regard to race sex color national origin those of limited English proficiency ancestry religious creed disability or age.
- Child Ages:
- 6 weeks - 12 years
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
- This provider accepts vouchers
- Special Needs:
- Administer Medication Administer Nebulizer Treatment (Asthma) Asthma Behavioral/Emotional Issues Cognitive Dysfunction/Delay Infant Monitors (Apnea) Speech/Language Delay Special Diet
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...
The program at Friends Child Care Center is based on active learning developmentally appropriate activities that facilitate and enhance social emotional cognitive and large and small muscle development by age and individual readiness in an environment that provides loving support and intellectual stimulation. The primary emphasis is on social development and learning through active play. Friends Child Care Center supports parenting by enabling children to grow and learn in a safe stimulating loving environment.
- We are committed to teaching non violence seeking peaceful resolution of all conflict and to respecting every person as an entitlement of life.
- We believe in love laughter and learning.
- We believe in providing a rich curriculum that gives children choices and is based upon their interests.
- We believe that every child should feel loved capable and special.
- We believe that every child has unique learning needs and it is our job to meet those needs.
- We believe that the parents of children enrolled in our program are our partners.
- We believe that our program should be a safe inviting place for children.
- We believe that every child should feel proud of his/her religious racial and cultural heritage.
- We believe that every child should learn to respect diversity and to honor differences.
- We believe that if every child feels loved and capable she/he will become a well- rounded capable adult.