At North Como Preschool, we provide a flexible program that is planned and guided to:
- Provide growth in social development (self discipline, self concepts, and self confidence) through valuable group experiences, both indoors and outdoors.
- Respect individual differences in regard to maturity, interest, race, religion, and culture.
- Give the children opportunities to choose and make decisions.
- Give the children freedom to experiment, explore, and discover.
- Encourage creative and self-expression through the different media’s.
- Provide materials representative of a variety of cultures.
- Provide manipulative tools and equipment to increase the child’s ability in fine and gross motor skills, and to develop body coordination.
- Provide a variety of books, stories (including stories with flannel board, with puppets, or stories told), poems, finger plays and pictures that are related to the children’s interests and to the world in which they live.
- Provide time and properties for dramatic play, giving the children opportunities to act out what is important to them (housekeeping, dolls , trucks, firefighting, dress-up clothes, etc.).
- Encourage good health habits through hand washing instructions and supervision, discussions on nutrition, providing daily exercise and serving nutritious snacks.
- Provide an environment that will offer learning, happiness, and security for each child in a caring environment.
- Make available community resource people to enhance awareness of their environment.
- Provide a daily schedule for both indoor and outdoor activities.
- Provide for activities that are both quiet and active, teacher directed and child initiated.
To provide this program we require:
- teachers who will respond by listening, comforting, encouraging, and asking open-ended questions;
- teachers who are willing to allow individuality;
- organization within the play space which is attractive, stimulating, and usable;
- and that the children be supervised at all times.
Play is the “work” of preschoolers. Through play, children dramatize, organize, and digest their partial understanding and bits of experience. They reveal who or what they do not understand and what they are anxious about or dislike. Through play, watching, helping, listening, and explaining, we begin to establish a relationship with each child and understand what help they need. Therefore, play is an important part of our preschool program.
This program, as stated in our school policies, is available to parents for review on request, and also will be evaluated by the parents at least once each school year with the use of a written form from the preschool.
- Child Ages:
- 3 years - 6 years
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 2:00PM
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...
There is currently no information provided
Click the button below and we will send an automated message to the provider to let them know that someone is interested & would like to see more information.Request Information