Preschool in San Diego, CA 92102
415 31st Street
San Diego, CA 92102
View on Map »
Is this your business? Claim it!
We seek Excellence in Adademics Arts and Athletics from the foundation of LOVE.
Want more information?
At King Chavez Preschool we believe that each child comes to us with unique abilities and interests. We seek to nurture and expand those ablities and interests from a foundation of love. We believe that the positive relationship between teachers children and parents are essential for a child"s success. Because of this we strongly encourage parents to participate in the classroom and in Preschool events. We create an environment that is truly a wonderful place for childhood. The loving safe healthy creative intriguing aesthetically pleasings and developmentlly appropriate environment encourages children to explore and discover.
Play is th ework of young children and provides the foundation for academic success. It is the preparation children need before they learn highly abstract symbols such as letters (symbols for sound) and numbers (symbols for number concepts). Our early childhood curriculum is based around this concept of learning through play.
Children become life-long learners when they are able to explore ideas and concepts that are interesting to them and when a passion for learning comes from within. King Chavez Preschool provides an early learning setting that helps children become life-long learners by:
– nurturing and developing the whole childluding physical social emotional
creative cognitive and language development.
– planning curriculum based on predictable stages of development for children and
on the children"s interests and abilities.
– recognizing the unique needs of individual children and providing for those needs.
– emphasizinf learning as a process which depends on interactions with other children
adults and the environment.
– providing a variety of learning activities and materials which are relevant to the lives
of young children and which emphasize the process not the product.