This is a fun listen, watch, discuss, and learn activity for preschoolers to accompany the Eric Carle book The Very Quiet Cricket.
1 – Purchase several crickets of different sizes from your local bait shop or pet store.
2 – Read the story The Very Quiet Cricket out loud to your preschool students.
3 – Allow the children to observe the crickets and discuss what’s happening with them. What sounds are they making? Are they quiet or loud? Are the crickets big or little? Are they hopping or jumping around? What else are they doing?
4 – At the end of the activity, bring them outside and release them. Are they hopping or jumping now? Are they making noise or quiet?
- Activities for preschoolers
- All mom trusted articles
- Activities for children
- Activities for preschool
- Activities for preschool children
- Preschool science
- Bugs and butterflies preschool activities
- Science lessons for preschoolers
- Cricket activity for preschool
- Book and activity ideas for preschoolers